PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OrCAD PCB - "Hidden & Deleted Pins" in TO DPAK

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dmonca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 6:03am
Hi Tom

I guess we are not talking about the same thing right now. I guess you were looking at my last post with attached pictures, posted on 22 Feb 2013 at 8:51am. This "problem" indeed was my mistake since I was using "hide/remove" incorrectly.
My main problem is shown at the end of the post that started this thread (see the following pictures).
This is how the footprint looks before importing it to our library:

And this how it looks like when I reload it:

If I don't use the renumbering feature, then the middle pad stays removed.
Today I tested it on a different Computer and got the same effect as described above.

Regards
Daniel
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 7:09am
Daniel,

Good catch! We'll fix this and send you a V46 Beta today for your approval.

Thanks,
Tom

Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 11:25pm
please download and test 2012.46 beta here and let us know if this was fixed.
dmonca View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmonca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 2:45am
Sorry, it did not work out. The pad is still showing up in the FPE Viewer after saving it to FPX.

I tried hide and remove with a new (and thus empty) library. Steps to reproduce -

Regards,
Daniel
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 7:46am
Daniel,

Are you saying that "Save to FPX" and retrieve from FPX is not working?

Or building the DPAK in OrCAD PCB is not working?

dmonca View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmonca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 3:07am
Hi Tom,

Yes, saving and retrieving from the fpx-library is the problem. Somehow FE seems to "forget", that a pin is removed when the numbering of the pins is not standard.

As for the export to OrCAD: I built the part, with renumbering and removing the pad, and then let FE create the footprint (without saving it to any library first). The result is OK.

The renumerbing and the missing pin are created correctly. So, the export to OrCAD works.

Regards,
Daniel
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 7:47am
OK, we're categorizing this as user error in the tool.

You're not supposed to renumber the pins the way you did 1, 4, 2 & 3 is the thermal pad and then delete Pin 4.

You're supposed to take the normal part pins 1, 2, 3, 4 and "Remove" pin 2 and the final pin assignment will be 1, 2 & 3 is the thermal pad.

Jeff.M View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff.M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 8:30am
Alternately, you can change the number of pins to 3 and double the pitch.
dmonca View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmonca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 6:32am
Hi Everybody
In the final pin assignment, the thermal pad has be to pin 2. So using the standard footprint and then remove pin 2 does not help. What worked out, however, is setting the number of pins to 3 and doubling the pitch.
Thanx for you help and your patience Smile
Regards
Daniel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123