PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Option to Enable/Disable Pin One Silk and Assy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Option to Enable/Disable Pin One Silk and Assy
    Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 10:02am

Hi, is there any chance we can have the option to enable/disable the assembly outline chamfer?

My company doesn't utilize this, so each time I have to delete the assy outline within the cell editor (expedition) and recreate without. Quite inefficient :(

As well as the silkscreen outline pin one indicator (in this case the removal of a line from the silk outline)?

I always have to re-create the silkscreen in that corner fix this, and it would be nice if I had to option to turn it off so it would leave the silk intact identical to the other three corners.

Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 10:10am

You can download the latest V2015.08 pre-release here - www.pcblibraries.com/downloads

New feature that allows you to output the component body and terminal leads separately.

Instead of using the Assembly Outline, use the Component Outline (no polarity). You can adjust the line width and the layer assignment.

As far as the Silkscreen Outline, there are new standard guidelines that prohibit the silkscreen to be outside the courtyard or under the component package. For "Bottom Only Terminal" components, the absence of silkscreen is the polarity marker. What do you do to fix the Polarity Marker?

Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
josanche View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 9:24am
Does the "Component Outline" exist in expedition? And if so what is it called? I used it in Library expert per your example and there is nothing that imported for me on the mentor side. 

To "fix" the polarity marker on our end (for the above example), we just add the missing silk line back. We silk the letter "o" as our pin one indicator similar to your pin 1 dot and therefor have no need for the outline itself to reference pin 1. 

We love the program and would love it even more if some of these functions had the ability to be toggled on or off.

Thanks!!!!
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2015 at 9:21am

OK, in V2015.08 we have 3 new toggle preferences - Available later today

Drafting > Assembly > Polarity Indicator, new button to toggle the assembly outline polarity chamfer

Drafting > Courtyard > Contour Courtyards, new button to toggle between Contour and Rectangle courtyards

Drafting > Silkscreen > Polarity Indicator, new button to toggle the silkscreen outline polarity chamfer

Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
 Post Reply Post Reply