PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOT143 Land Pattern?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magnus.lictor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOT143 Land Pattern?
    Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 1:00am
I am trying to create a footprint for a SOT143.

According to the picture that shows in Library Expert lite (2016-2)  has the big pin on the lower right side.  The actual component (ADM6711) also has the big pin on the lower right side as in the picture.

If you fill in the numbers this is what you will get a pattern with the big pin is on the lower left side of the generated footprint.

Am I missing a setting i should make before generating the landpattern or is the generated pattern just "Not Correct"?

Ian S View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 1:55am
I am using the Pro version but am assuming the same functionality is present in Lite. Refer to the image below and try the following:

1. Click the Mirror icon.

2. Set 'Pin 1 Orientation' to Right from the Blue Arrow icon drop-down  (or from Settings menu; click OK if selecting Right from Settings)

3. In the footprint view, select the pin that needs to be pin 1 and right mouse button (RMB) click and select 'Reorder Pins'

4. Renumber each pin in sequence and then RMB click and select 'Done Reordering' to finish.

Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 4:59am
The pictures in the dimensional thumbnail picture in the lower left corner is the "Bottom View".

But Mirror button will flip the part and Reorder pins will get you any pin assignment you want.

Does this answer your question?
Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
magnus.lictor View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magnus.lictor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2016 at 2:51am
Thanks guy's,

That cleared it all.  Probably should use the tool more often.
 Post Reply Post Reply