PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TH Header Vertical & RA's Pin Pattern Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zslow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TH Header Vertical & RA's Pin Pattern Problem
    Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 6:19am
I am not able to select the pin pattern compared to previous "PCB Footprint Expert V2012", only 8 selected pin pattern is available, the rest of the option have been disable and will pop out error if I try to select them.

Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 6:37am
Sorry to say that V2012 is no longer supported as of May 2013.

You must upgrade to V2013 to resolve this issue.

Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
zslow View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zslow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 7:54am
Hi Tom,
There is no issues for version 2012, the problem discover on PCB Footprint Expert version 2013 with revision 7. Can you check on this issues? 

Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 8:15am
Can you please confirm the USB Key is plugged in before you start the Library Expert? Occasionally unhandled exceptions occur when a license key is not there but is required... One way to check is to go to "Help", "Installed Options" - what options are enabled? If you click the "Key Information" tab, do you see the key?

Another way to see the HASP keys on the system is to point a browser to http://localhost:1947/_int_/devices.html
zslow View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zslow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 8:35am
Hi Nick,

Maybe i am not describe well enough the bugs, I wished to create header that have pin 1 indicator as below and i not able to choose the pin pattern from version 2013. 

From version 2012's pin pattern (left side), you can see all the pin pattern's option is available:

For version 2013's pin pattern(right side), limited option is available and i not able to stretch the window, force to click the blank option will give me errors as above.

This is nothing related to the licensing issues as I as able to create the desired FP using the older 2012 PCB Footprint Expert Lite version.

Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 12:09pm
This issue might have to do with "Windows 7" Fonts.

zslow View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zslow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 6:57am
Hi Tom,

This solves the problem. Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply