PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The pad size in the terminal density level 'L'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diverger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The pad size in the terminal density level 'L'
    Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 8:51pm
Today, I use the 2021.09 version to generate a SC89 footprint (using the SOFL package). I found the pad size in 'L' density is generated according to the nominal size. Assuming a pin with such width specification:

MIN = 0.23, NOM = 0.28, MAX = 0.33

Then the pad width generated is 0.28. Is it designed like this, or it's a bug?

Thanks.
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 9:50pm
You would have to send us an email with a FPX file attached with a step by step instruction to reproduce a bug. Are you using the default solder joint goals and mfr. tolerances and package tolerances? 

Lots of questions.

I have a datasheet. Would that work? 

Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
diverger View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diverger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 11:20pm
Yes, I use the default solder joint goals and mfr, etc. The datasheet of the part is https://www.onsemi.com/pdf/datasheet/nta4153n-d.pdf, the SC-89 package.

Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2021 at 9:00am
It's perfect. The pad width can not be any smaller than the nominal lead width. 

diverger View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diverger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2021 at 5:49pm
I thought the pad should be equal or greater than the max. specification.  Now if the pad is generated as nominal width. we must rely on the courtyard to make sure the pad won't get connected with other, right? 

Thanks.
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2021 at 9:09pm
Not in the "Least Density Level". 

Least = minimum pad size, but still functional and manufacturable. 

Use Nominal Density or change the "Tools > Options > Terminals > Surface Mount > Flat Lead > Least > Side

You have the controls to create your PCB library. 

Post Reply Post Reply