PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No Silkscreen Created For QFN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chads108 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Silkscreen Created For QFN
    Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 8:36am
I have a QFN package I created with Library Expert, but the silkscreen did not get defined. 

As expected?  If so, how to handle pin 1 marking?

Link to part in question: http://www.enpirion.com/products-dcdc-converter-step-down-buck-ep53f8qi.htm

Chad
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 8:46am
The component leads are very close to the package corners where the silkscreen is normally placed outside the component package and inside the placement courtyard.

You need to manually add a line or dot polarity mark in your CAD tool editor.

This is a workaround until we add interactive editing in the PCB Footprint Editor.

chads108 View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chads108 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 8:49am
So you would recommend leaving all silkscreen off of this part other than the polarity mark?
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 9:08am
Using the CAD tool editor I would make my part look like this -

The current PCB Footprint Editor is a basic "Template" tool for "Standard Component Packages".

This QFN is just outside the "Standard" category. So until the FPE program introduces interactive editing you'll have to spend a couple minutes adding some custom silkscreen lines using your CAD tool library editor.

Post Reply Post Reply