PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some Anti-virus Programs Throwing False Alerts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some Anti-virus Programs Throwing False Alerts
    Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 3:49pm

We've heard a report about a problem with running the Footprint Expert while AVAST Antivirus is running in the background. No specifics message was provided to us; we contacted AVAST and notified them of this false positive. It looks like the following/latest AVAST version does not cause any problems:

• Virus definitions version 120911-1
  • Program Version 7.0.1446
Alternative
Alternatively, you might consider using the free Microsoft Security Essentials Antivirus. You might find the almost daily updates a bit inconvenient... or maybe very CONVENIENT as you've always got a fresh anti-virus update.

Run as Administrator
One last thing, make sure to run the Footprint Expert Run As Administrator.

If you experience any problems, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 10:41am
We're having the same problem with AVG anti-virus throwing a False virus error message.

We are contacting AVG to correct the issue.

If you have any problems with this, please let us know.

Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 8:03am

The latest AVG definitions just released should resolve this issue. I tried it on my end and we’re in the clear now.

Please update your AVG as described in FAQ 4479:  http://www.avg.com/faq?num=4479

When the update is completed, AVG will automatically restore the falsely detected file from the AVG Virus Vault to its original location. 
nancywilson View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nancywilson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 2:17am
I am getting the virus and security issue in my system. What should I do to resolve this issue? I install Avast antivirus and also try on avast customer service for the help purpose but did not get any response.
Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 5:33am
I will contact you offline to get more details so we can report this false positive.
Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
 Post Reply Post Reply