PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Molded Body D – D1 nominal not to exceed 0.60 mm
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Molded Body D – D1 nominal not to exceed 0.60 mm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrungyRemnant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Molded Body D – D1 nominal not to exceed 0.60 mm
    Posted: 01 Dec 2023 at 10:43am

Hi.  I have a question regarding the Molded Body family.  In version 13 this feature was added:

Added D – D1 nominal not to exceed 0.60 mm error flag

We’ve come across a few parts that do not meet this requirement.  An example is TDK T491C337K004AT.

For this TDK part dim D1 is not provided in the datasheet so I used the D length – (lead thickness x 2) = 5.74 with the same 0.3 tolerance.  This value is confirmed by measurements on the step model provided by TDK.  I've attached an image below showing the values.

The wizard will not accept this value as it does not meet the above condition.   How should we create this part?   Would we need to add an incorrect value that meets the rule?

I’d appreciate any feedback on this scenario.

Regards,

Chris

Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2023 at 12:20pm
The Molded Body component family was created for the JEDEC DO-214 package. 

The 3D STEP model requires a minimum of 0.60 mm between the "D" and "D1" dimension. Otherwise, the 3D STEP model comes out corrupted. 

Any other Molded Body package would require a new component family in the calculator. 

We recommended that you use the mfr. recommended pattern and FP Designer for all your non-standard footprints. 

Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
 Post Reply Post Reply