PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

User Preferences problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eng. Jesus Mora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: User Preferences problem
    Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 4:25pm
Hello,

We am trying to make footprint fpx file  using our company´s usr preferences for solder mask, pad shape , courtyard excess and silkscreen clearance... but also making it a "least Environment level"...  but when i apply the tab that says "least" on the environment level menu, it overwrites  completely the user rules stated above... , so it does change the pad environment level but it is not respecting our user settings. Would you please help us fix this problem, or if we are doing something wrong please point us in the correct direction.  I am attaching a pdf with the example on how this problem occurs.

Best Regards

Jesus
PCB Design Engineer
Spectrum Integrity, Inc.
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 4:30pm
You're doing it wrong.

Select your Density Level first and then change your preferences. You have 3 sets of Users Preferences and you must select the Density Level first. Then you are ready to change all the Preferences for that specific Density Level.

Do not change your Preferences and then change your Density Level (that is backwards).
Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
Eng. Jesus Mora View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eng. Jesus Mora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 5:14pm
Helo Tom,

Thanks for the reply, im not sure i follow you, i have tryed it forwards and backwards , first changing the environtment box , or first uploading our USR.dat file that includes our changes , and it does the same, as soon as i select "least (L) " on the box , it changes all the preferences, and i cant find where do does preferences reflect as parameters so i can save them.  

Im sending a screnshot where im changing it first, maybe its on another menu box i need to chage.

Thanks

Jesus

Post Reply Post Reply