PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question About Pad Place Round-off

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolasr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question About Pad Place Round-off
    Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 1:56am
Dear all,
There is something I definitely do not understand with PCB Library E. Lite.  I use the 2017.14 release.

When generating a Chip capacitor 0603 for instance, In Terminal/Settings I have 0.01 set for both Pad Place Round-Off and Pad Size Round-Off.
Generated pads are 0.93x0.82mm which are fine.
But X position is ±0.755 meaning a 0.005 increment instead of being rounded to 0.76 or 0.75?!

Is it a bug or some other setting having higher priority??
Thanks,
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 8:32am
I believe the pad place round-off is the spacing between the pads.

For example on an 0603 capacitor the space between pin 1 & 2 are rounded to 0.01 increments. Not the distance from the origin to the pin.

Try using a 0.02 pad place round-off and you'll get 0.01 rounding from the origin to the pin.

Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
nicolasr View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolasr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 6:37am
Oh, didn't see it this way... shame on me! Sometimes the simpler the better.
Thanks!
nicolasr View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolasr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 1:48am
Additional question, what how would you do to round off to 0.01 when it is given as pitch (for instance, SOT23 or SOD...)
A pitch of 0.65 gives pads placement at 0.325... despite pad placement round off at 0.02!
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 7:36am
Pad place round-off is only in 1 direction, the Lead Span pads.

The pitch is always the pitch and there is absolutely no rounding on the pin pitch. The pitch has to be 100% accurate.
Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
 Post Reply Post Reply