PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOT143 Polarity Pin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ejkreiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOT143 Polarity Pin
    Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 6:16am

I am building a SOT143 package and when I calculate the footprint the larger pad for polarity is on Pin 1.

I need to change it to Pin 2 and I thought previously FPE had that functionality added but I am not seeing how I can change the polarity. 

Can you advise?

Thanks,
Ernie

Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 6:20am

Did you try the "Mirror" feature?

Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
ejkreiner View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ejkreiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 6:37am
I did Tom.  Polarity needs to be on pin 2, which is lower left as you are seeing the footprint preview.

I have tried every combination of L/R/U/D and mirror and get  the polarity set on the LL where I want it, but when I redorder the pins the polarity pad is flipping to the UR pin and the pin number reorder themselves from 1-4 CCW with pin 1 UL to to 1-4 CW with pin one now LL and polarity pad on pin 3.
Jeff.M View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jeff.M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 6:39am
After building the part left-click on the pin you want to be the new pin one.  Then right-click and select 'Reorder Pins'.
Left-click on the pins in the order you want them to increment.
Right-click and select 'Done Reordering' and save or build.
Stay connected - follow us! Twitter - LinkedIn
ejkreiner View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ejkreiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 6:47am
Jeff, when I calculate the part the pin order is set the way it needs to be.  Pin one is upper left in the preview window and the pins increment 2-4 counterclockwise.  Pin 1 has the larger polarity pad.  I need the polarity pad to be on pin 2. It seems to be blind luck using mirror/orientation buttons to get the larger pad on the lower left pin. When I do that and try to reorder the pins back to where they need to be it goes haywire.
ejkreiner View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ejkreiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 6:53am
I have captured screenshots of what it is doing.  Is there a way to upload them here or can I email them to you?
Jeff.M View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jeff.M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 7:10am
email to: jeff.mellquist*at*pcblibraries*dot*com
Stay connected - follow us! Twitter - LinkedIn
ptkvgl View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ptkvgl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 7:03am
Hello!
Did you get this problem solved?
I've got the same one and can't understand how to use the "Reorder Pins" functionality...
I would like to generate a "SC-82AB" footprint. Unfortunately I can't get pin 1 (small) and pin 2 (large) placed according to the datasheet...
Please could you tell me, what am I doing wrong?

Thanx in advance...
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 8:57am

This is fixed in V2015.06. This is a SOT143 Reverse.

1. Select the Mirror Icon in the toolbar
  2. Select the pin that you want Pin 1
  3. RMB select Reorder Pins
  4. Then Rotate the part "Right"
  5. Select Build
  6. Add to FPX

Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
ptkvgl View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ptkvgl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 12:45am
Hi Tom,
In fact, pretty easy...

Thank you very much and have a nice day...
 Post Reply Post Reply