PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Running an Eagle script to add to a library

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Expert User
Expert User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Running an Eagle script to add to a library
    Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 1:07pm
I am sometimes unable to run an Eagle script to update an existing library.  I have to run it on a new empty library.  I gets errors about layers not being available.  I'm not sure what the context is that leads to this working sometimes and sometimes not.  Maybe others have seen it and know.
chrisa_pcb View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisa_pcb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 2:00pm

I know that layers are called out at the top of every script file. If those don't match to the layers of the library, ya I could see it having a problem. Not much I can do about it though other than continue to generate a script file per your requested layers.

montemcguire View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montemcguire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 2:16pm
I've found too that if you run the script into a new, empty library, these errors will not happen.

What seems to matter is what type of object is open in the library while the script is executed. If a package is open, then the script will always work.

More accurately, if the library is not empty, then a device or symbol could be active and the package script might generate errors.

If a package is being edited in the library and the script is run, it will work. So, while an empty library will work, it's more to do with executing the script only in the context of editing a package in the library.

Post Reply Post Reply