PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

POD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JZsori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: POD
    Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 2:01pm
Is there any way to get a listing of all the parts available on POD?  Or, at least be able to do a wildcard "*" search within a vendor.
Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 2:09pm

The feature currently does not exist at this time, but are certainly taking suggestions to improve this product/service. As you know, POD was released a couple days ago, and we have lots of plans for it. We are all ears for any ideas/suggestions on how to improve it!

Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
JZsori View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JZsori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 2:13pm
Well, actually it does.  I specified Linear Tech as the vendor and then did "LT*" and it gave me a listing.  But if I select the same vendor and do "*" I get an error 500 - server error.
Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 2:27pm

Wildcards aren't currently supported in the beta version. Regarding making a feature that outputs a whole list of the entire database, that's something that we'll have to look at for a future version, for obvious reasons, we can't have it output to the same format. It seems since the search feature that allows you to search any part number by complete/incomplete string, the "complete list" of the database isn't really needed as a separate entity from the database (as available through the interface).

tboyer View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tboyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 10:21pm
What would be nice for POD is if you have the program open and a FPX or blank library open is to provide a button "Download to Library". This will download the FPX data into the software library open including the link to the datasheet.
Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2014 at 12:18am
Just make sure the file associations are set for FPX to invoke the Library Expert Pro. If you do, when you click "Download" from POD, you will be prompted to Save or Open. Click "Open" and the part opens right into the LE Pro.

To change the file associations for FPX files, simply select an FPX file, Right-Click-Properties, and change the "Opens with" value to Library Expert Professional.

Nick

layouter88 View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote layouter88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2014 at 12:54am
Hi Nick,

when I do a download from POD, for exapmple a Linear part, it will be downloaded as Linear without the extension FPX. I am also not able to Open it directly with Library Expert Pro. Is there a way that I can assign the extension .FPX to the download? Am I doing wrong or is it a problem of the POD at the moment?

Best regards
Erwin
Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2014 at 1:19am

Please specify the Linear part number you are having problems with so I can check.

When installing the Library Expert Pro, one of the things the installer attempts to do is associate FPX with the Library Expert Pro, so if you double click an FPX file, it invokes the Library Expert. The same would happen with POD, when you select "Open" instead of save - the FPX file opens in your Library Expert.

To manually configure the file type associations in Windows 7:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-default-programs#1TC=windows-7

Windows 8:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/choose-programs-windows-uses-default

layouter88 View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote layouter88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2014 at 1:55am
Hello Nick,

thank you. Seems that I did not describe the problem exactly.

The problem is not the association of FPX with Library Expert Pro. The problem is that the downloaded file from POD is not an FPX. There is no extension .FPX
So I have to download the file and manually rename it to file.FPX
This happens to every download, for example LTC5540IUH#PBF.
Download leads to a file Linear
I manually rename the file to Linear.FPX now I can use it and import it.
If I do not save the download, I can try to directly open with Library Expert Pro. But here is the same problem. The file will not open, because it has no   file extension .FPX.

Best regards
Erwin

Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2014 at 3:24am
I was able to download this part using IE 11, default extension was "FPX", I didn't need to change anything - what browser do you use? Can you try a different one, perhaps it's browser-related and we can pin down the problem by identifying how it fails...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>