PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parts on Demand

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aerolink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 1:30pm
I am happy to hear progress is being made on your end.  Still no date to offer? 

Is there a published list of the 5000 introductory parts?  If not, why?

We have a contract stuck in a holding pattern until a few specific parts can be found/built, most notably case 987-03 (112 pin LQFP 20x20x0.65).  If I knew this part was on your list of 5000, or coming very shortly (actual date), I would happily move ahead with your tools.  Otherwise the search continues.

I was unable to successfully create this part using your "lite" version.  The moment I enter extent dimensions 22x22 the tool lists 88 pin count and nothing I can find seems to allow me to create the full 112 pin footprint.  I concluded that this is either a limitation of the lite version or requires changes to the preference files which are not editable in the lite version.  The help/videos seem to focus more on special cases than on daily library tasks.  We do not have the luxury of hiring a full time librarian, so parts are a real time sink for us.

I am reluctant to make "yet another investment in new tools" unless I am sure it will allow us to move ahead.  Tool changes are not something we take lightly.  Anyway, I like what I see, I just need to see more.   Thanks

Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 1:48pm

We're working feverishly to get it released ASAP. I'm directly involved in this myself and am seeing the final issues being resolved. I can see POD going live in the next day or two at most.

The list of 5,000 parts is in a PDF file that gets installed with the Library Expert - look in the default program for a PDF file called "Footprint_Expert_Customer_Library_Content"

The default folder is "C:\Program Files (x86)\PCB Libraries\Library Expert 2013"

Jeff will respond to the limitation issue momentarily.

Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
Jeff.M View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jeff.M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 2:02pm
Nothing limits the pin count.
To get 112 pins you must enter the number of pins on the X and Y sides not the dimensions of the X & Y sides.
For the part you're trying to build I suspect that value is 28 x 28.
Stay connected - follow us! Twitter - LinkedIn
IanOnBass View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote IanOnBass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 2:15pm
This part can be built very easily (when you use the correct number of pins/side, per Jeff's post) - I built it in about a minute.

I would highly recommend that you bite the bullet and purchase the tool - you won't be disappointed (and it will save you hours of effort).

Ian

Aerolink View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aerolink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 2:49pm
Nick, Jeff, Ian, thanks to all of you. 

Yes I see now that I entered dimensions instead of pins,,, gazing waaay too long at datasheets I guess.  And yes, I took the leap and purchased the tool.  However, while waiting for my key to arrive, I tried installing the evaluation license and ran into a "Sentinel driver incompatibility with Windows 8.1 AMD x64."  The first attempt reported the incompatible driver.  Subsequent attempts fail with the following:

Aerolink View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aerolink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 2:55pm
Looking at the DOS window, the bat file is looking in a folder \FPX 2013\HASP.
My installation created \Library Expert 2013\HASP
thus the file not found error.   I can try editing the bat file I suppose.  Not sure what to do about the driver incompatibility.  The error dialog had a button to check online, but clicking it did nothing obvious.
Ah the woes of setup...

Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 3:02pm

Thanks for purchasing, I will contact you offline at the number you provided.

Nick

Aerolink View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aerolink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 3:18pm
No luck.   I'll wait for the real license.
Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 3:23pm
I left a message. Pls call back or let's connect once you get the key and I'll make sure it's set up and working for you.
Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 4:54pm

Sneak peek of www.PCBLibraries.com/POD; it will be integrated with the forum, and we're thinking of rewarding the most active users in some way as well.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>