PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Installer Puts 'Lite' Icon on Desktop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveCowl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Installer Puts 'Lite' Icon on Desktop
    Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 8:41pm
When I run the installer I uncheck the Shortcut for Desktop check box.

However it installs the system and puts an FPE Lite icon on the desktop regardless.

What is FPE Lite anyways? 

In any case, if I don't want the Shortcut for FPE on the desktop (I keep it in quick launch!), I certainly don't want one for FPE Lite! :)

Cheers!
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 9:07pm
FPE Lite is a free (reduced functionality) version of PCB Footprint Expert.

The Lite version can calculate accurate footprints from component dimensions and output to 18 different CAD tools but there is no read or write access to FPX files and no access to user or default preferences. The Lite version is intended for PCB designers who want to automate PCB library creation but don't have the cash right now for the "Full Featured" version.
i.e.: people who have more time than money.

We'll fix the Lite desktop icon installation in the V2013 release.

Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 7:12am
This is a problem/bug with the installer and I reported it a couple months ago; I did in fact follow up with them a couple times. Some software vendors take months to fix anything... I may just remove the shortcut for good if it's that annyoing, if you want to create a shortcut to Lite you can easily make one...
DaveCowl View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveCowl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 5:23pm
I would be ok with that... :D
 Post Reply Post Reply