PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TO-243AA / SOT89 calculation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guenter P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TO-243AA / SOT89 calculation
    Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 2:26am

Which package fits best for the calculation of a TO-243AA / SOT89 footprint?

uploads/10602/SOT89.pdf

Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 7:45am

Since there are only 4 or 5 different SOT89's in the world we manually build them and put them on www.pcblibraries.com/pod Parts on Demand (POD) for our customer free download.

Send us the web-link to the datasheet and we will build it for free in a neutral format so that it can be translated to 21 different CAD tools.

Out motto is "Build it once, build it right and never build it again".

Help PCB Libraries, Inc. eliminate duplication of effort in Library Construction and send us your package dimensional datasheets and we will create it and put it on POD to share with the entire global electronics industry.

Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
Guenter P View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guenter P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 8:10am

The web link of the datasheet is:

https://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/MC78LC00-D.PDF

The SOT-89 package is much better shown by NXP

http://www.nxp.com/documents/outline_drawing/sot089_po.pdf

Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 8:22am

I attached the new V2014.06 FPXC file. .06 will be released in a couple hours.

I also added the PADS p/d files and Library Expert FPX file.

Here it is - NXP_BZV49-C18.zip

Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 8:49am

I went one step further and added the SolidWorks .SLDPRT and STEP files for the NXP SOT89.

Don't build library parts. Let PCB Libraries, Inc. do that for you. You should spend your time doing PCB design layout.

Here is the download - NXP_SOT89.zip

Guenter P View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guenter P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 9:03am

I can not view the part in the PCB library expert V2104.05.

I open the FPX Library (.fpx file). I select the row with the NXP_BZV49-C18. But I can not view the footprint of the part. The button "View Part" remains disabled. What's wrong?

Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 9:15am

You have to wait for 1 hour until we release V2014.06 which has a lot of new features. I would say that the .06 release is our biggest release this year and is loaded with new features.

The FPXC file can be used to auto-generate a footprint in 21 CAD tool formats in seconds.

The FP Designer has new user defined pad stacks and offset slotted holes.

New component families too.

Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 9:35am

V2014.06 has now been released! http://www.pcblibraries.com/forum/library-expert-201406-released_topic1383.html

I forgot to mention that the FPX file is only library documentation.

If you want to see the part and create the CAD tool footprint you need to run the new FPXC converter which is located in the "Utility Tools > FPXC to CAD" option.

This opens the FPXC filter and you can select the Preview Parts button to view to part. 

The filter allows you to change drafting line widths or turn off drafting items.

Here is a view of the NXP SOT89 -

PCB Libraries, Inc. can now build any library part footprint in the electronics industry with high quality features and accuracy.

Version .07 which will be release on August 18th will offer even more features like custom Thermal Pad Paste Mask stencil checker board patterns.

And Parts on Demand (POD) now has over 280,000 part numbers but if you can't find your part you just "Request a Part" and PCB Libraries, Inc. will build it for you and upload to POD to share with the global electronics industry.

Post Reply Post Reply