PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TO (DPAK) Thermal Tab Under Component Body

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caclark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TO (DPAK) Thermal Tab Under Component Body
    Posted: 15 May 2014 at 7:46am
In the last year or so I have seen a resurgence in TO, & DPAK devices that do not have a tab (dim "L1") that protrudes beyond the body. But in the calculator you do not allow "L1" to be a negative number. So I am forced to use FP Designer for this variation on TO & DPAK's.

So what should take me only a few minutes to calculate takes me more than 30. And even at that I am required to have supporting documentation for all parts I create, and the FP Designer output print is no where near acceptable, so I then have to spend another 30 minutes creating documentation.

Ref device:
Manuf:TI
PN: LMZ14201HTZ
chrisa_pcb View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisa_pcb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 10:22am
We'll look at getting this into V2014.03, it should be an easy fix. That's scheduled for release in ~2 weeks.
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 8:20am

We updated the TO (DPAK) in V2014.05 to allow the user to enter a negative value for the tab "L1" dimension.

This allows Library Expert users to create DPAK's with Thermal Tabs under the component body.

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lmz14201h.pdf

Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
 Post Reply Post Reply