PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D-Type Connectors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parv16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D-Type Connectors
    Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 8:14am
I thought the old LP-Wizard did D-Type connectors.

Would be nice to just select a 9 W D-type or 15 way in various orientations e.g.
you can get PCB R/A (mostly what I want) and also turned pin (vertical mount) or bucket for horizontal SMT pads (on two layers).

Then you have male of female which means you can get pin numbers wrong.

So automating that is what the library expert should be doing so that I can select what I want and it does the hard part.
Apologies if this has been covered - I tried searching 9W D or D-type but couldn't find anything.

Thanks.
Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 9:31am
POD is coming and we'll have every type of D-Sub connector that customers request.
Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 12:29pm

There are some DB Connectors in the Sample Data - FP Designer FPX file.

However, once the Parts on Demand (POD) website opens Monday morning April 7, 2014, all you have to do is search for mfr. part numbers and if you can't find what you're looking for you put in a part number request with a web-link to the datasheet and we'll add the component to the "Parts on Demand" (POD) website.

Standard Parts will be available in FPX format using the IPC Calculator.

Non-Standard parts will be available in FPX format using the FP Designer and mfr. recommended footprint.

Unique (very complex) parts will be available in PADS ASCII (P & D) format using the mfr. recommended footprint. V2014 Library Expert can easily import PADS ASCII files and output to your favorite CAD tool. There will also be a FPX file for these Unique parts to use as your library documentation.

Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 10:06am

Parts on Demand (POD) is open.

If you can't find the Part Number you're looking for here www.pcblibraries.com/pod then "Request a Part" is in play right now.

Stop wasting your valuable time with PCB Library construction and focus on PCB Layout. PCB Libraries, Inc. will build your parts for you and put them on POD for everyone else to download.

Duplication of effort is coming to an end with PCB Libraries and POD.

Post Reply Post Reply