PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BGA with Square Pins

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexBeale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BGA with Square Pins
    Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 7:34am
Hi All,

I have downloaded the Lite version of PCB expert, therefore I have not registered the version.  

I am currently making a BGA footprint with square pins.  

I have got the size of the BGA with the correct number of pins, but I cannot change the pins from round to square.  Also I cannot seem to change the pin numbers.  

How would I go about changing these two things on the Lite version.

Look forward to your reply.
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 8:25am
You need Library Expert Pro to have complex pad stacks and control of pin numbering.

Sorry, the Lite is a very basic tool for standard component packages and it was intended for hobbyists.

Pro lets you be very creative.
Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 11:26am
Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
Matthew Lamkin View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Lamkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 2:23am
Or, once the component is bought into your CAD tool, simply change the pads to square. Wink
AGONZ67 View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGONZ67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 10:33am
If it has square pins it is not a BGA. The LGA option would be more appropriate. This allows you to select round or square leads.
 Post Reply Post Reply