PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems with Text Copy and Paste

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveCowl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems with Text Copy and Paste
    Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 3:10pm

Hi folks,

While this is technically a bug I don't think it is a bug with FPE so I figured I would ask here.

Does anyone else have problems with Copy/Cut and Paste failing with FPE?

I find that I can copy text to and from many programs but after some time running I can't paste into FPE on this machine (on my other machine it works fine).

As an aside, I also can't paste into _some_ of the windows in Mentor DxDesigner and Expedition. All other programs seem to work ok.

Both the working machine and this one are Windows7 64 bit and I am at a bit of a loss as to how to even track this one down. Open to suggestions!

Symptom: While the text is not pasted, anything selected does get deleted so in looks like it starts the paste process but just doesn't add in the clip board text.

The text can be pasted into Notepad for example...

This is very frustrating and I would love to get to the bottom of it!

Cheers! Dave.
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 3:19pm
The main issue with the FPX Editor GUI is that you have to click twice in the cell to open it to edit it and to Copy/Paste data into it.

This is not "double-click" into a cell but rather click and wait a second and click again to open the cell for editing.

You cannot simply click on a cell (like M/S Excel) and copy/paste data. You must open the FPX cell with 2 clicks separated by a second or two.

DaveCowl View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveCowl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 3:28pm

Hi Tom,

I did notice this and it is not the problem.

When I cold boot the PC I can paste for a period of time and then eventually it stops working.

It also stops working for some fields in the Mentor tools at the same time, so whatever the problem is, it affects two of my CAD tools and oddly doesn't seem to affect anything else..!
 Post Reply Post Reply