PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

General footprint source

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmartins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: General footprint source
    Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 9:49am
Hi.

Footprint Lite seems a very nice package for low level PCB works.

Still I miss a sort of general footprint source. Let me explain.

I have used Column Grid Array (CGA) as source (SMD) for nonstandard footprints. We can define all sort of things and, very important, erase pins. The only thing that would make this base generator would be the ability to setup rectangular pads where some wires could be soldered.

Please, see image.

Thanks
Martins
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 12:07pm
You're going to like the "Package Designer" when we release V2013 this week. It opens up many new concepts and features for creating Footprints. It's a very powerful new feature.

hmartins View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmartins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 12:33pm
Thank you. SmileThumbs Up
rwalborn View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwalborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 7:59am
i see a few references for an impending release of V2013, one at the end of March and the first week of April but it never seems to happen. What is going on?
Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 8:14am
We had some issues with the new licensing for the most part.
Good news is the issues are resolved and we will do a prerelease of 2013 this week for interested users before the upgrade and purchase option is available. If you are interested in being notified:

1. Go to this forum: http://www.pcblibraries.com/forum/version-history_forum1.html
  2. Log in (if not already)
  3. Select " Forum Options"  >>  "Watch Forum"
 Post Reply Post Reply