PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ability to see datasheets the right way up?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mattylad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ability to see datasheets the right way up?
    Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 12:03pm
Hello, can I suggest that the datasheet drawings can also be displayed the right way up. (an option perhaps).

So that the view of the component footprint is identical to the view in the PCB package it is created.
In 20 years I have come across some datasheets that display components from underneath (usually relays) however I would say that this is very rare and can often be confusing.

Looks good though.
Matt
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 1:41pm
All BGA datasheets show the pins from the "Bottom View".

I recommend that when creating a BGA Footprint, that you use the "Mirror" feature. That will flip the BGA so that you are looking at the "Bottom Side" just like the datasheet.

Also, you should use the Rotate Icon to position pin A1 exactly like the manufacturer datasheet so that when you're depopulating balls, the datasheet and the Footprint match 100%.

Just don't forget to Un-mirror the BGA before you create the Footprint in your CAD library and add the data to your FPX file.

Post Reply Post Reply