PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unit Entry in Fields

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Expert User
Expert User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameshead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unit Entry in Fields
    Posted: 21 May 2012 at 2:52am
My CAD tool Pulsonix has a setting for units you make via a menu as well as a setting you can double-click on the status bar to change units like PCB Footprint Expert but it also lets you enter a different systems units in a text entry box on the fly.

For example, I have my default settings always to metric mm so if I enter a value in any text entry box it'll be processed as metric mm but if I add the suffix inch then it'll process that figure in the appropeite way.

If I want to move a pad in x and y for example I could press o for offset command and enter 10 in X which will be processed as my user setting in metric mm, and 1inch which will be converted on the fly to 25.4mm.

Simarly if a user has their current settings as inch or thou they can in Pulsonix enter a figure in metric mm by adding the suffix mm.

This might be a useful and neat feature to add.
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 7:20am
I don't think that PCB Footprint Expert will ever have the ability to enter metric and inch dimensions for entering component dimensions.

However, one of our goals coming up in the near future is to offer millions of parts where all the component dimensions are already entered. You simply browse the server in the internet and Add-To-Cart the FPX file data that you want to download for free.

No more typing any component dimensions.

Post Reply Post Reply