PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FPX Editor - Pasting Data in Multiple Columns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Lamkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FPX Editor - Pasting Data in Multiple Columns
    Posted: 03 Oct 2012 at 4:32am

1)      When creating a new column in the list of parts, I am unable to select multiple cells and paste information in like I can do with a spread sheet.

I think it needs to be able to do this so a user can easily add similar data on the parts.
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 8:59am
The workaround is to open your FPX file in M/S Excel and do all your automated text editing.

Then select all Cells by "Ctrl + A" (Select All) and then Copy - Ctrl + C into Notepad and then File Save_As your FPX file name.

I use Excel for performing mass editing of our FPX files. It's extremely productive.

Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 6:16am
Open Excel > File > Import > All File Types > xxxx.fpx > Tab Delimiter > Separate (open) Columns

Edit all you want, but I would not change any info in Columns A or B. Column "A" is the Component Family which opens the correct Calculator menu. Column "B" is the Units, Family and Component Dimensions. I gues you could edit the Component Dimensions if you know what you're doing.

When Excel editing is completed, select all active cells (Ctrl + A) and Ctrl + C (Copy) and then open Notepad Text Editor and Ctrl + V (Paste) and "File Save As" xxxx.fpx.

Open the file in the PCB Footprint Expert and test it out. It may take some people a couple attempts to get it right, but I use Excel everyday for mass FPX file editing.

Matthew Lamkin View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Lamkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 6:53am
OK got that, I was trying to separate the data items, with them all in the same field its OK.

Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 11:50am
You can now select any cell in Library Editor and RMB > Copy and then select multiple cells and RMB > Paste.

Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
 Post Reply Post Reply