PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Non-standard Package Pad Size

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote world.30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Non-standard Package Pad Size
    Posted: 01 Jun 2013 at 1:56am
Hi,

I want to create to a non standard part, footprint but the component datasheet does not provide the land Pattern dimensions.

There is only a dimensioned "Package Drawing" with Lead Lenth "L" mm .

Please tell what should be the Length of PAD footprint.

Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2013 at 7:10am
Every component in the world is broken up into a "Lead Style" and the PCB Library Expert (LE) supports all component lead styles.

Here are the Lead Forms that LE supports -

Just open any component family with the appropriate Lead Form and type in the "L" dimension and the other dimensions can be fake. You are only interested in the pad size calculation for your rules or IPC-7351 3-Tier.

world.30 View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote world.30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2013 at 8:30am
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. It's really helpful to me but I think PCB Library Expert (LE) is a tool of some software you're talking about.

If I have not any tool like LE, so in that case, is there any rule for such case when I have "L" mm Lead length gull wing type, like L+1 mm  or L+ 0.5 mm for footprint. 

I don't have IPC-7351 notes, so generally I do +1 mm in Lead length of a package footprint.

Thanks in advance 

Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2013 at 8:39am
Please be my guest and download the Free "PCB Library Expert Lite" (LE Lite) here -

Install it on your computer and it will auto-generate your footprint using component dimensions.

LE Lite exports the Footprint to 17 different CAD tool formats.

It should only take you 3 - 5 minutes to build any Footprint if you have the physical component dimensions.

Let me know if you like it.

world.30 View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote world.30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2013 at 11:09pm
Hi Tom ,

Thanx for the reply 
 Post Reply Post Reply