PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Expedition Plug-In supports EE7.9.3 and EE7.9.4?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Expedition Plug-In supports EE7.9.3 and EE7.9.4?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Expedition Plug-In supports EE7.9.3 and EE7.9.4?
    Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 11:39am
Does the Expedition Plug-In of the PCB-Footprint expert properly support crypted HKP?

I saw the MentorGraphics version of your software which supports crypted HKP but I know that the software originates from you and fear that the MGC-Version will not evolve as quick as your version does....

Crypted HKP is necessary for the latest versions of Expedition, it will not work with uncrypted HKP because of Mentors strategic decisions. Cry
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 11:47am
Download and install it and try it for free for 5 days.

The new PCB Footprint Expert (FPE) supports encrypted HKP but it has a direct interface with Expedition. i.e.: the FPE program does not export a HKP file, rather the HKP data is directly imported into Expedition.

There is only one catch. You MUST own an Expediton Cell Editor license for the FPE program to work. If your Mentor FlexLM license does not include a Library Manager license, FPE will not work.

Example: Some companies but several seats of Expedition but only one seat has the library manager license.

So, if you have an Expedition Library Manager license you absolutely need to test drive the new PCB Footprint Expert. It's much better than anything we've developed so far. 

DaveCowl View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveCowl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 12:18pm

I have been in discussions with Mentor about this for a while.

The latest I heard is that Enterprise Data exchange (EDX) will be released in December.

It will replace HKP. No idea how free they are going to be with that format.
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 12:22pm
EDX was developed by IPC world standards as open source to the electronics industry, so I hope it's open source.

But my guess it's going to be encrypted EDX, but who knows, Mentor might be coming to the table on this.

DaveCowl View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveCowl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 12:23pm

We can only hope...
 Post Reply Post Reply