PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Controlling Solder Mask & Paste Mask

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Expert User
Expert User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalexman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Controlling Solder Mask & Paste Mask
    Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 6:22pm
Currently is there any way to control the pad sizes for the solder mask and paste mask layers when outputting to PADS Layout?

Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 7:09pm
PADS Layout has a padstack editor that allows the user to add any layer to any pin. You can over size and undersize the solder mask and paste mask to your liking.

I like to add Assembly Top & Bottom to the padstack so I can selectively add assembly pads to parts I want and remove it (do not add it) for parts I don't.

The PCB Footprint Expert automatically creates swelled solder mask for an entire library or add/delete pads on assembly drawing by simply adjusting the user preferences.

lalexman View Drop Down
Expert User
Expert User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalexman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 7:17pm
I understand you can do that in Pads. My question is what does PCB Footprint expert do for soldermask and solderpaste when it outputs decals to pads ? Are they the same size as the pad ? What do you mean by swelled soldermask ? Are the soldermask created largerthen the pad size ? If so is this size controllable ?
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 7:32pm
Yes, the user preferences in every "Setup > Preferences > Terminals > Terminal Type > Settings (tab)" -

Post Reply Post Reply