PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SMT Headers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SMT Headers
    Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 10:58pm
Can you add an option in the Surface Mount list to create SMT Vertical and Right Angled headers. I am using the SOIC option  which is the closest to the header style but you cannot renumber the pins to follow typical connector conventions. 
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2014 at 8:42am
The main problem with SMT Headers or Connectors is that the component mfr. is more interested in providing a recommended footprint pattern rather than the component lead dimensions.

Also, there is no IPC standard for the auto-generation of a Toe, Heel and Side solder Joint Fillet for connectors or Headers and the mfr. recommended footprint is probably the best pattern to use.

That being said, I build SMT Headers and Connectors every day for the POD website using FP Designer. It only takes me 5 - 10 minutes to create the best connector footprint and also in FPX format.

Here is an example of a FP Designer Connector that I built yesterday -

Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 10:26am

Parts on Demand (POD) is now open.

If you can't find the mfr. part number you're looking for select the "Request a Part" and we'll build it and upload it to share with everyone.

Our motto is: "Build it once, build it right and never build it again"

Stop building library parts and let PCB libraries, Inc. do that for you. Spend your valuable time working on PCB Layout instead.

Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
 Post Reply Post Reply