PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IPC7351 compliant footprint name

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wawaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IPC7351 compliant footprint name
    Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 7:35pm
I have two questions:
1. Can/does Library Expert suggest a footprint name compliant with IPC7351?
2. I need to make a footprint for a surface mount version of a DIP8 package. It is not an 'SOP'. Is there a standard designation for this footprint style?
Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 7:53pm
Yes, we are involved in the IPC standards development, our software is IPC-7351C compliant (and backwards compatible to B), and the Library Expert provides the Library Documentation for the IPC-7351 Land Pattern standard (ie, it is distributed by IPC) - confirm at IPC.org. If you want to have IPC compliant footprints, the buck stops here, as the saying goes.

We've been involved with IPC in some way shape or form since the 1990s, and heavily focused on the Land Pattern standard and tools for 10 years (since 2003). Nobody else can say that.

The Library Expert also exports 3D STEP models.

Start the Library Expert Lite, select "Through Hole" and select the second component family: "Dual In-Line Package (DIP) Socket"

Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
wawaus View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wawaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 8:11pm
Nick,
Thank you, but  I think you mis-understood my questions:

1. Library Expert will create an IPC-7351 compliant footprint from the component dimensions I give it, but in addition to the physical footprint there is a footprint naming convention in IPC-7351.
I cannot find where/if Library Expert gives me the compliant 'NAME' to call it.

2. It is not a DIP socket footprint I was looking for, it was, for example a footprint for an SSR - IXYS LBA716S, which is a surface mount device - it was a DIP package with the leads re-formed to become a surface mount device.
Again I was looking for an IPC-7351 compliant 'NAME' for this footprint style, if one exists.....
 Post Reply Post Reply