PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Network License Terms

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilliamKitchen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Network License Terms
    Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 1:58pm
Maybe I overlooked it, but I was not able to find the license terms on the website.

For the Network license, what are the limitations on number of users, size of network, number of geographical locations?
Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 2:17pm
Each product page has a "Software Specification" tab, if you click on it, you will see the text below, and more. This is also included in the EULA that comes with the Library Expert.

Single User License
This perpetual license entitles you to install and run the software on one local computer. This solution is ideal for the PCB design contractor or companies with one PCB designer. The Single User is licensed on USB key, and can be easily moved to any computer as needed. Contracting and/or always changing computers? No problem, we make it a snap!!

Network License
The Network License is perpetual and available for all the users you need! It is ideal where library standardization is desired, regardless the CAD formats used. Professionals or novices can now easily create libraries according to company specification and customer requirements. The Network License is based on a network-enabled USB key that may be placed on a server or even a regular/user's computer. Once configured, when a user on the network opens the Library Expert, a license is automatically checked out from the key. When the Library Expert is closed, the license is made available for others to check out.

Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 2:17pm
The limits on the number of users allowed is determined by how many networked seats you purchase.

Regards,
Nick
WilliamKitchen View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilliamKitchen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 3:10pm
Makes sense. Thanks.

Logitech View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logitech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 8:40am
Hello,

Regarding the Lite License. I've downloaded the latest V2015.21 Lite version of PCB Library Expert but I can't use it because the software can't find a licence server.

Older Lite versions worked fine and now I can't download one because it's not available anymore.

Is there a way to have this Lite license on the local drive rather on a server? Or can I download the last Lite version which doesn't ask for a license server?

Thank you!

Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 12:22pm
The Lite requires connection to the internet, if you need to use it on a machine that is not connected to the internet, please consider purchasing the Professional version. If you are connecting via Proxy Server, please make these changes (Win10)
  1. Settings
  2. "Network and Sharing Center"
  3. "Connections" tab > click on "LAN Settings" button
  4. Click "Advanced" button
  5. Add "www.PCBLibraries.com" for exceptions and click OK.

Logitech View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logitech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 2:52am
I am connected to the internet and I'm not using a Proxy...
My operating system is Windows 7..
Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 8:30am
The only time this error is throw is when the Lite version cannot connect to the internet, whether due to proxy configuration or firewall (software or hardware).
 Post Reply Post Reply