PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mentor Graphics VX

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kowalski22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mentor Graphics VX
    Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 8:52am
I have just upgraded to the latest version of Mentor Graphics (VX).  I get a "Error while attempting to interface with the Expedition Library Manager" error.  Any ideas?
Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 9:13am
We're trying to get back on the Mentor Open Door Program so we can support VX. The more feedback Mentor gets regarding working together with us, the better for everybody. :-)
Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
PLTcbv View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLTcbv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 8:00am
What is the Mentor Open Door Program status?
I'm using VX.1.1 and tried to Direct Import in VX.1.1 but I get an error, wglibman license not found.
I followed the "TROUBLESHOOTING for Expedition VX" part in the Fast-Help (Lite 2015.18).
Can you only do a Direct Import with a stand-alone LibraryManager license (wglibman)?
We don't have such a license and use the LibraryManager inside Xpedition.

So is it possible to do a Direct Import without wglibman?
Or is it possible in another way?

Thanks.
Wim.
Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 8:30am
Approved. We're in the process of getting the licenses, there have been some licensing issues, but we're in the process of getting them resolved. Once resolved, it will take 1 or 2 days to confirm support for VX (via encrypted HKP), though we currently do output directly to Xpedition VX, the user needs to have at least two Mentor Library Manager Licenses though.
PLTcbv View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLTcbv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 2:05am
Ok.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if LibraryExpert LITE can create encrypted HKP files I should be able to import the Cell and Padstack hkp files in the LibraryManager the old way via Library Services?
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 6:20am
Library Expert Lite will be able to output HKP encrypted files in V2015.20.

We're releasing V2015.19 today and the V2015.20 pre-release later this week for Library Expert Pro customers to test and approve the new interfaces for both Xpedition VX and PADS VX.

There isn't a Lite version of any pre-release.

My best guess is that V2015.20 will be officially released in 2 weeks on or before Wednesday 11/25/15.

PLTcbv View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLTcbv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 3:29am
When is the V2015.20 LITE planned release?

Latest post was talking about 11/25/15.
We are now on 12/10/15.
Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 9:55am
We're working on it and plan to have it available by sometime next week at latest.

Nick

Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 10:46am
V2015.20 is the final release of the 2015 series and we want to insure that there are no bugs or issues.

V2016.01 will be released in February 2016 and the main new feature will be SMD Proportional Pad Stacks that will match the new IPC-7351C standard. IPC-7351C will be dropping support for the current 3-Tier solder joint goals but Library Expert will support the 3-Tier Density Level system.

And of course Symbol Expert beta will be released in February 2016 too. Symbol Expert will be a free download during the beta period so that everyone can comment on the features. Also, it will be a standalone tool until it's fully developed and then merged into Library Expert for the V2017 release.

PLTcbv View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLTcbv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 4:23am
I just downloaded the 2015.20 Lite version but the ASCII output for Expedition is still normal ASCII.
I thought that it will be encrypted?
Am I doing something wrong or am I missing some "switch" to set.

Wim
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>