PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Batch-Build Preferences

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwaltoneng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Batch-Build Preferences
    Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 11:45pm
When you build a library, should the options in the "Batch-Build Preferences" dialog box override the settings in "Setup->User Preferences->Design"?
If in "Batch-Build Preferences" I select Environment=User and clear the "*User name suffix", the components still end up with the suffix USR.
If I clear "Setup->User Preferences->Design->*User name suffix", the suffix is not added.
lalexman View Drop Down
Expert User
Expert User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalexman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 6:13am
I am not using the USR settings in batch mode but "N" mode.
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 6:19am
If you're using the "Nominal" environment, did you create your own "MyDefaultPreferences.dat" file?

Or are you using the out of the box "DefaultPerferences.dat" IPC-7351C file that comes with the installer?

Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
lalexman View Drop Down
Expert User
Expert User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalexman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 6:25am

Yes, I created my own My own mydefaultpreferences.dat file. 

I also create my own decal name since the default name does not contain enough information for me personally.

I add the "N" at the end of the name when I create a "N" decal so it saves that decal name in PADS and then in my FPX library.

Post Reply Post Reply