PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Importing an existing footprint

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjnash75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Importing an existing footprint
    Posted: 19 May 2019 at 8:07am
I've discovered a mistake in a footprint I generated (my mistake, not the tool's).  

This is a footprint I made a while ago, so the output files exist, but the footprint is no longer loaded in the PCB Library Expert GUI.  

Do I have to remake the footprint from scratch, or is there a way to import the output files back into the tool to get my footprint creation session back?

Thanks in advance!

Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 8:34am
There are backup files in this folder - 
C:\Program Files (x86)\PCB Libraries\Library Expert 2019\Libraries\Backups 

But it depends how many backups you have set in Preferences. 

Is this a Calculator part or FP Designer? 

If it's a calculator part, then all you need to do is re-enter the package dimensions. 

Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
tjnash75 View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjnash75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 8:50am
It's a calculator part.  

Call me lazy, but I was trying to avoid having to type all the dimensions in again and make sure all of the options I wanted are set correctly (analogous to when you can't find the TV remote so you just sit there watching a show you have no interest in, instead of looking for the remote).

Thanks Tom!

Post Reply Post Reply