PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Desktop Icon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JZsori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Desktop Icon
    Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 8:00am
I like to have my desktop icons in a particular arrangement.  Everytime I do a FPX update the icon gets moved to a different location than where I had it.  It would be nice if the same location could be maintained.  Even better would be to also have it show the version number.  I rename the icon so that I can immediately see which version I have installed.  Currently my icon is "PCBL FPX 2012.26"
Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 3:06pm
We don't have an option in the uninstaller to do a "partial" uninstall, where it removes the program, but leaves shortcuts; although I can select which files (not shortcuts) will get removed/replaced...

As for the version number, sounds like good idea, until you see it truncated the way Windows wants you to see it -

Left - "Footprint Expert V2012.26"
Right - "Footprint Expert"

I suppose we can rename it to FPE 2012.26, but that wouldn't mean anything for most people who download the free version...
 Post Reply Post Reply