PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3D Model Output Directory Text Entry Box

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Expert User
Expert User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameshead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3D Model Output Directory Text Entry Box
    Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 6:54am
This may not be important, but I just noticed this behaviour.

Most of the time we have Translator set to Pulsonix with an Output Directory set up, and 3D Model turned on, again with an output directory set up.

I needed to output a 3D Model only, for a footprint, where we'd output the footprint prior to purchasing the 3D Model feature.

When I change Translator to 3D Model the Output Directory text entry box goes blank.  I've found that the STEP models actually save to the desktop.

I've found that the vertical axis also changed from the Z that we'd saved to Y.  Once I'd changed it again and Saved Entries as Preferences then it was okay.

It would be nice if the Output Directory and Vertical axis when Translator is set to 3D Model were to retain the same location as that set up for the 3D Model when the Translator is set to Pulsonix if the user has altered and Saved Entries as Preferences, rather than the user having do this again.

I can understand why people may want separate Vertical Axis and Output directories set up if they have a number of different Translators for separate CAD systems, so it is good that you can set this up separately.

I just thought that if you set it up for one Translator for a CAD system then when you clicked 3D Model as the Translator the first time it wasn't just blank but the values from the first translator came over.

This is only a very minor observation - and this may be the behaviour you want.

chrisa_pcb View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisa_pcb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 10:45am

Thanks for the feedback. It is the intended behavior. I'd rather keep all the preferences for each translator separate so the code is uniform, and setting and saving them for each doesn't take long and is a one-time adjustment.

Post Reply Post Reply