PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - OrCAD (Allegro) not running properly with .bat fil
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OrCAD (Allegro) not running properly with .bat fil

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simpsond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OrCAD (Allegro) not running properly with .bat fil
    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 10:29am
Hi,

I have not used Library Expert Enterprise in a while. I first had the Windows 10 environment path issue when trying to run PCB Libraries Expert which I 'fixed' by using the 'Allegro-OrCAD PCB Import Instructions.pdf' that Tom had posted a while back. (I'm running OrCAD 17.2)

Now when running the PCB Libraries generated batch file, the Windows command window opens, Allegro comes up running but then brings up the 'Create a New Design' window dialog box (asking for the new design parameters). When I click on the 'OK' button, Allegro just hangs. If I then close down Allegro, the 'padstack_editor' then starts up and creates the pads. In the batch file Allegro is again started up at the end and again brings up the 'Create a New Design' window box; I again hit 'OK' Allegro hangs and then I close down Allegro. Long story made short, the pads are being created but the .dra file is not being created.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Danny

Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 10:33am
Check the Allegro/OrCAD PCB instructions here - 
Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
simpsond View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simpsond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 12:12pm
Hi Tom,

The Allegro-OrCAD Import Instructions that you had mentioned above did not contain the solution to this particular problem. You may want to add the info below to this PDF.

Sometime fairly recently, Allegro vs. 17.2 / 17.4 were changed so that when you first create a new PCB footprint using script files, there is a new Windows messagebox that pops up asking for design information. When this pops up, it stops the script file.

There is a setting in Allegro / OrCAD that disables this Windows messagebox from opening. Check the following checkbox:
'Setup -User Preferences -> Drawing -> New_design -> orcad_no_new_design_form'.

This solved the issue...

Danny

Post Reply Post Reply