PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Executing Library Expert Pro Batch File

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote istockwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Executing Library Expert Pro Batch File
    Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 5:11am
I am having an issue executing the batch file produced from Library Expert Pro 2017.19. I can produce the orcadpcbload batch file & associated script files successfully but when i try to run the batch file by double clicking/open/run as administrator nothing seems to happen. No output files, .dra, .psm or .pad are produced in the original save to directory.

I have had limited success in producing the .pad files by running File > Scripts from within Allegro 17.2-2016 as I get a QtFillin error. I have created a circular pad but i can not produce a square pad using the same method. I can create the .dra file ok, but the pins have been renumbered, possibly as the definition for the square pad, pin 1, is missing?

I have added CDSROOT to my system environment variables with the value C:\Cadence\SPB17.2 & my HOME user environment variable has the value C:\SPB_Data. When i type 'echo $localenv' into my command window the response is C:\SPB_Data\pcbenv.

We have copied the contents of C:\SPB_Data\pcbenv from a colleagues machine, who can just double click the orcadpcbload batch file to run it successfully, but it makes no difference.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or can anyone possibly advise of a solution?

Thanks,

Ian.

Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 6:07am
The answer to this question is in the User Guide - 

Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
chrisa_pcb View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisa_pcb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 8:10am
Follow the user guide per Tom.

Make sure Run Scripts in Background is turned off in case its hiding a dual-boot config dialog you need to bypass.

If you're getting a QtFillin error, you need to turn off all checkboxes which have auto-confirm in them.

Your PATH variable should also have $CDSROOT$\tools\bin to be able to get to the executables.

Also make sure you set your PADPATH and PSMPATH per the user guide while you're at it.
sushmitha View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sushmitha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 10:41pm
Hello Sir,

i would like to learn delphi script to code in altium.is there any tutorial regarding delphi?

Regards,
Sushmitha
 Post Reply Post Reply