PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Move Body Origin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craig4tone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Move Body Origin
    Posted: 30 May 2017 at 12:18pm
I am copying a 10-pin header and creating a 6-pin header.  I can move the origin to the new centroid but the body always generates form the "original" origin of the 10-pin.  How can I move the origin that the body uses to generate the assembly/legend/body outlines?
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 12:30pm
Are you using the Calculator or FP Designer?

If it's a symmetrical Shrouded, Post or Receptacle Header you should use the Calculator.

Can you provide the Datasheet URL?
Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
craig4tone View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craig4tone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 12:38pm
It is FP Designer ... not a standard header ... it's a Tag-Connect TC2050 10-pin debug cable mating SMD connector.  I wanted to create the TC2030 6-pin version which needs the origin moved 1.27mm to the left and the last 4 pins dropped.
Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 12:50pm
craig4tone View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craig4tone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 7:29am
Thanks!

I've run into this issue in the past also ... is it safe to say it cannot be done?
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 7:34am
Changing a 10-pin 1.27 mm pitch Header to 6-pin only requires that you remove 2.54 mm from the body length and delete the end pins and then re-order the pins 1 - 6.

Moving the origin around does not help much when doing this.

You can move the origin around when building a brand new part or editing an existing part, but not recommended for copying and changing an existing part.
 Post Reply Post Reply