PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Terminology

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VinS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Terminology
    Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 5:18am
Currently we make our pcb foot prints IAW IPC7351B. Recently I was asked if that met the requirements of J-STD-001F. After reading through both I saw on page 1 of IPC7351B :

"1.1 Purpose
The intent of the information presented herein is to provide the appropriate size, shape and tolerance of surface mount land patterns to insure sufficient area for the appropriate solder fillet to meet the requirements of IPC J-STD-001, and also to allow for inspection, testing, and rework of those solder joints."

That said, the answer is yes.

My question : Does PCB Libraries Expert and LP Wizard satisfy the requirements found in J-STD-001F table 7-7 class 3? How does it take into any variation in solder thickness (G)?

Thanks
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 7:27am
Library Expert V2016 comes with IPC-7351B default solder joint goals.

Library Expert V2017 comes with IPC-7351C default solder joint goals.

However, Library Expert allows the user to change any of the 60 different terminal settings to any Toe, Heel and Side solder joint goal that the user manufacturing facility wants and needs for their assembly process.

I would say that IPC-7351B is too robust in some cases and too small in other cases. These issues have all been resolved in the IPC-7351C.

Download Surface Mount and Through-hole Component Families and every other document here -

Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
 Post Reply Post Reply