PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Print function disappeaed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkAcuity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Print function disappeaed
    Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 2:13pm
Hello gents:
Maybe I am overlooking this but what happened to the "print" function from an fpx library?? It was a concise and detailed  (oxymoron intended) overview of the footprint plus the overall tolerance analysis of the candidate parts with graphics. Excellent for documentation purposes in any bureaucratic system of your choice. Can I get this back or can you throw me a bone as to my oversight? 
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 2:20pm
This type of expanded development has been moved to the V2018 Library Expert.

PCB Libraries is leading the effort to create the next generation of schematic symbol automation. The new program is being totally written from scratch using Visual Studio 2017 C# code and WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation). The symbol data will be saved to FPX using XML translated to Base 64.

Symbol Expert will support Microprocessor/Microcontroller/PLD symbols (the multi-page partitioned) as well as over 200 templates for discrete components.

The Symbol Expert Beta Test program starts in June and will run through the end of the year. The GUI will have a completely new look and feel. You will be able to request new features.

Then in June, we start the process of adding the footprint and 3D model code into the new Symbol Expert GUI which will produce Library Expert V2018 that will support symbols, footprints and 3D models. It will be coupled with a database of millions of parts that will all be linked together. The Schematic Symbols on POD will have all the attributes of the FPX file.

All new major updates and features are going into the new programming language which is much better for adding the features our customers want and need. The new Library Expert 2018 will be the most advanced PCB library tool in the global electronics industry.

Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
 Post Reply Post Reply