PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

V2013 License Error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctreadway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: V2013 License Error
    Posted: 24 May 2013 at 7:05am
Does the USB key not work with version 2013? We just got the key in January, but I am getting an error saying there was no license found for version 2013.
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 7:09am
It does not make any difference when you got the USB key.

To be elegible for V2013 software, you would of had to purchase PCB Footprint Expert after December 1, 2012.

If you were part of our Beta Test team and received Free software in exchange for your support or purchased the PCB Footprint Expert prior to 12/1/12, you need to pay the upgrade fee of 30% of the current list price. You will receive free weekly updates to V2013 until it is fully completed and bug free.

Evenkeel View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Evenkeel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 7:11am
I had the same problem.  I ran the PCBL Remote Key Update.exe located in C:\Program Files (x86)\PCB Libraries 2013\FPX 2013\HASP and sent the c2v file to Nick Ban via email.  He mailed back the v2c file which I saved and then used in the program.

Worked like a charm!
ctreadway View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctreadway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 8:47am
Thanks Tom.
Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 9:15am
We completed the licensing configuration for 2013 around March, I believe. Obviously, the release was just the other day. If your key doesn't work with 2013 and it should, just run the Remote Key Update program.
 Post Reply Post Reply