PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What Happened to Auto-update?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveASmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Happened to Auto-update?
    Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 12:10pm
I've haven't been using Footprint Expert recently. Been on vacation, the holidays, waiting for the end of the world, etc.... But I noticed that with update 37 not only did I have the latest version but I also now had "Footprint Expert Lite" and that the FPX AutoUpdate folder was now empty.

I assumed that it would now search for updates on it own and update itself. Apparently I was wrong.  So now how do I update to the latest revision?

Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 12:27pm
Auto-update is undergoing changes right now.

For Update Notifications, go to this forum -

Select "Forum Options > "Watch this Forum" (upper right corner)

There is an update every week and the current release is V2012.38.

There will be 2 more releases for the V2012 series .39 and .40.

On February 1, 2013 we will release V2013.01. The new version requires a HASP USB key and a small update charge (30% of the list price + $50 for a USB key if you don't have one yet).

After February 1, 2013, there will be no further updates to V2012. This is one of the reasons why Auto-update has been disabled.

SteveASmith View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveASmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 12:36pm
Thanks Tom.  Is the downloaded file a full install or just an update?
My regards,
Steve Smith
Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 12:47pm
It's a full install.

The AutoUpdate folder you can delete, it's a remnant folder from a previous version that is no longer used.
 Post Reply Post Reply