PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Material Condition" for 3D model

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ransonjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Material Condition" for 3D model
    Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 2:49pm
What does the "Material Condition" drop down change when building 3D models for a component? 

--JOhn

Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 3:01pm
In the Calculator dimensional panel the user either inputs the Nominal & Tolerance or the Minimum and Maximum package values.

If you insert Nominal and Tolerance. the dimensional panel auto-fills the Min & Max dimensions.

If you insert the Min & Max dimensions the dimensional panel auto-fills the Nominal and Tolerance values.

Either way, Minimum, Nominal and Maximum dimensions are always there.

When creating the 3D STEP model the Material Condition setting will use the dimensional data in whatever column it's set to.

i.e.: if you select Maximum Material Condition then the 3D STEP model uses the Maximum package dimensions to create the model.

Note: you can insert 100 million different component package dimensions and auto-generate 100 million 3D STEP models. I say this because some users do not realize that every 3D model is 100% customized per the package dimensions in the Land Pattern Calculator.

Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
ransonjd View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ransonjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 5:12pm
Okay, that's what I suspected. It seemed like it wasn't working, but I just realized that the part was created in FP Designer and the body is not toleranced.

--John
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 5:56pm
I should have put emphases on "Calculator" parts with all package dimensions and not Non-standard mfr. recommended patterns (FP Designer).

Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
 Post Reply Post Reply