PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Product Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

text justification on Designator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckhalleran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: text justification on Designator
    Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 9:50am

I have the "Designator" created on eMechanical9, and apparently by default, footprint expert uses a lower left text justification (the origin of the designator is at the center of the part, but it's justification is not centered).

Is there a way to have that justification be center/center instead?

I'm using that designator (along with Assy Outline) for the PWA drawing. In Altium, I use the designator from Overlay Top or Overlay Bottom (for the silkscreen) - so I'd rather have Center/Center for that eMechanical9 designator. I can change it at the board level, but if I have to update the footprint from library, the justification gets changed back to lower left.

Regards,
Chris
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 10:18am
We know that Altium just recently added a new feature for for center/center Ref Des Justification.

We need to update our Altium interface to allow the user to select the Ref Des Justification of their choice. 

In the meantime, if you want center/center Ref Des Justification you must manually edit the Ref Des in the library. 

We'll try to update the Altium translator ASAP and we might need your help in adding this new feature. 

Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
ckhalleran View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckhalleran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 10:44am
Cool, thanks Tom
 Post Reply Post Reply