PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help With Testing PCB Board's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LexSolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help With Testing PCB Board's
    Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 10:03am
I just got a job at a electronic components company and they're having me test the boards that have come off the production line. 

My problem is when I get a board that doesn't work I have no idea where to begin for finding the source of the failure.  

I understand that the source may not lie within the board but one of the components soldered into the board.  

So my question is where should I start to find out the source of the problem.  Anything will help, Thanks!
Bechips.com
BennsPCB View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BennsPCB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 10:49am
#1 Is the plug connected to the socket in the wall ?, ... Wink
LexSolutions View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LexSolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 11:55am
Yes, I have a power supply connected to the board.    

More specifically I need help reading the schematics of a PCB board and being able to identify where I should begin metering points to find if there is a short/cold solder joint, etc.  

If there is a good tutorial class on this please let me know, thanks
Bechips.com
RLS2004 View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RLS2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 10:36am
Have you considered visiting an Amateur Radio Club? They often have electronics classes that you may find valuable.
RLS2004
 Post Reply Post Reply