PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Libraries > Footprints / Land Patterns > Altium
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Altium Libraries

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbrooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Altium Libraries
    Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 8:57am
Just wondering what is being done for Altium users?  Currently, we create all our own library symbols and footprints adding step files to them so we can export the 3D to SolidWorks for our mechanical engineers and view the models in our board designs. Altium's 3D engine is very good.  If I knew how to attach a picture to this post I would... :) Bill
Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 2:28pm
Good to hear from you again, Bill! It sure has been a while! We intend to eventually offer full support for all CAD/CAE formats. We are pursuing quite a bold endeavor and as we get started will be counting on others, as Tom explained.

To post pictures, click on the "insert image" icon:
If you don't see it at the top of the editor, look for  to expand the view.

If you prefer, you can also use external services such as tinypic.com and link them here using the "insert image" icon.

ecad/mcad View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecad/mcad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 2:55pm
Bill, what company are you with? I also create my own footprints with an embedded stp file
I make using Solidworks.........You're right, Altium 3D renderings are so good I copy, crop, and
paste them into my assembly prints since they're only images. Meanwhile, the real 3D PCBs I make 
in Solidworks from Altium are also very detailed, right down to the pads, traces and silk screen. Of
course you can't use IDF to make that type of 3Ds.
wbrooks View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbrooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 8:04am
I work at Datron World Communications, in Southern California.
Rajesh_Kumar View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rajesh_Kumar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 11:13am
Hi,

You have to download libraries from the Altium website.

In there default software package they have very limited libraries.

nta_xyz View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nta_xyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 2:18am
hi.
does anybody have a ADM485 footprint for altium?
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 6:58am

I totally do not understand this request for an Analog Devices ADM485 Footprint for Altium.

http://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/data_sheets/ADM485.pdf 

Download the free PCB Library Expert Lite V2013.20 here www.pcblibraries.com and install it and auto-generate the Altium Footprint or thousands of footprints for free.

The Analog Devices ADM485 is ready for release on "Parts on Demand" (POD) in FPX file format next week along with 225,000 other part numbers to kick off the opening of the POD website. Parts on Demand will be free download for all our Library Expert Professional customers and we'll take requests to build parts for free (initially) to populate the POD website.

Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
 Post Reply Post Reply