PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Product Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PLM integration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mspittel View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mspittel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PLM integration
    Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 10:22am
What possibilities exist for system integration to a PLM system with LE being the "footprint" master for revision control and or possibly part number and manufacturer database control point for Component Engineering / Approved Manufacturer needs?
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 10:24am
What features do you need in a PLM system?
Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
mspittel View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mspittel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 10:37am
I am not PLM software expert but I could be considered a superuser of sorts...
Features supplied by PLM would be revision control and intra-office process control.

LE would be database control point for database entry into the PLM system. "Footprint" info would be created and modified thru LE then uploaded to Corporate wide system for distribution to internal consumers of the footprint. PCB designers/EE circuit designers/Manufacturing-Operations?Test/etc..

Additionally it would be nice to have this as the database creation/ modification point for Approved Manufacturer List. I say this because that is one of the things I use LE to do. Footprints that I create with LE are modified based on full set of tolerances from AML. One size fits all as long as I know who is "all"...
craig4tone View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craig4tone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 7:26am
Maybe an interim step is to just integrate the FPX library with the CAD tool parts database (i.e. Mentor DxDatabook, OrCAD CIS, etc.)  The FPX seems to contain about 50% of what is in those databases anyway.  If we had the ability to cross-reference or somehow link to the CAD database, the CAD database then becomes the master and is already in a database format to link to the PLM.
 Post Reply Post Reply