PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Product Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PCB Library Expert Startup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rcroll View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rcroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PCB Library Expert Startup
    Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 4:07am
When I start Footprint Expert I basically get a blank window with a toolbar along the top to select an option to proceed. The first action I always carry out is to open my own Footprint Expert library.

Would it be possible to have a user preference option to start Footprint Expert where it will automatically open my chosen Library default .fpx file as the tool starts? Additionally, my preference would be to have the library in the View Footprint screen mode rather than Library full screen when opening.

This will save time and immediately put me into the correct screen format for whatever task I will then perform.
JZsori View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JZsori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 9:11am
I agree - this would be a nice feature.
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 9:15am
It's been pushed over to programming.

The concept would be in "Setup > User Preferences > Files" tab the user could have a radio button option to auto-open the Library Editor and also select the FPX file that you want to open.

It's a toggle switch that allows the user to disable / enable the feature and select the FPX file of their choice.

We'll see what the programmers do in the V2013 release.

rcroll View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 2:42am
Originally posted by Tom H Tom H wrote:

It's been pushed over to programming.

The concept would be in "Setup > User Preferences > Files" tab the user could have a radio button option to auto-open the Library Editor and also select the FPX file that you want to open.

It's a toggle switch that allows the user to disable / enable the feature and select the FPX file of their choice.

We'll see what the programmers do in the V2013 release.

Hi Tom,  We're now in the V2013 release cycle.  Do you have an outlook when this desirable feature will be added.  Cheers,
BennsPCB View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BennsPCB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 1:22am
Why not just preserve the tools windows status when it was closed last time?
Just my couple of cents, ...
rcroll View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 1:41am
Originally posted by BennsPCB BennsPCB wrote:

Why not just preserve the tools windows status when it was closed last time?
Just my couple of cents, ...

This sounds exactly what I want. How do I do that?
BennsPCB View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BennsPCB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 3:42pm
@rcroll, yup that would be nice.
(it was just a "hint" to the poor programmer, how it can be done, ...)

Post Reply Post Reply