PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Export Keepout layer to Cadence

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c.utrera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Export Keepout layer to Cadence
    Posted: 14 Sep 2023 at 2:43am
Hi,

I have look for this topic in the threads but was not able to find it, sorry in advance if I am repeating something already explained.

I am trying to export the layer "Keepout Top" to the class/subclass Package Keepout/Top but I do not clearly see how to assign it within the CAD Translator menu.

When I translate it without assigning in it, it is assigned automatically to Route Keepout/Top. Is there any chance to change it?

Thanks!

Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2023 at 8:00am
What CAD tool are you using? 

Maybe it's a bug in the translator that we can fix.

Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
c.utrera View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c.utrera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2023 at 3:27am
I am using Allegro Cadence Design Systems Translator.

Using Allegro PCB Editor 17.4

jgregoire View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgregoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 7:38am
Footprints get exported to Allegro/OrCAD with a PLACEBOUND_TOP shape, which functions just like a package keepout. If you footprint had a PACKAGE_KEEPOUT shape as well, it would overlap with the PLACEBOUND shape and generate a DRC error every time.
 Post Reply Post Reply